Click the link above from the Safari browser on your iOS device to install the most recent build of the Glowdeck app.
- After installing, iOS 9 users need to go to Settings -> General -> Profile -> Power Light & Sound Company, and click “Trust” before the app will launch.
- Select “Allow” when prompted to enable the app to use your location for local forecast and event data.
- Watch the entire Glowdeck Video Tour video for a look at how to properly setup your Glowdeck. This is highly recommended during the course of the beta program.
- If you experience issues using the Glowdeck app and you have the current version of iOS, try the following (and let us know if either helps):
- Temporarily change your regional settings (Settings -> General -> Language & Region) to the following:
- iPhone Language: English
- Region: United States
- Quit the Glowdeck app; open the Music app, start playing a song; then relaunch the Glowdeck app.
- You can now add and customize events/alarms by touching and holding an event tile. Test out the new alarm event feature with sequenced light and fade-in music routines.
- The app now automatically connects to Glowdeck upon launch if one is detected (if there is more than one Glowdeck nearby, it will display a list that you can choose from).
- The app also automatically manages the firmware update process. If you are connecting to a Glowdeck for the first time from this app, you will almost certainly be prompted to update your firmware, and you must do so in order to use the app. This process takes about 5 minutes – do not interrupt it while it is uploading (neither on your phone nor on Glowdeck). In the future, the app will prompt you to upload new firmware as new builds are published.
- The app will ask permission to use your location for automatically retrieving local forecast and event data on first launch. Some features may not work properly if you deny this permission when prompted.
- Add music or press play on first launch, and then be sure to read and follow the one-time setup alert pop-up messages to link audio and messages (in addition to data). I am working with Apple to automate these setup routines, but for now, the pop-ups provide easy to follow steps if you read their contents before dismissing them.
- iOS devices displaying 24-hour time do not sync properly with Glowdeck’s clock.
- Internationalization issues persist for some regional settings.
- If you are connected to audio and messages (Bluetooth Classic) and then disconnect from data (Bluetooth LE), some options that only work with a data link remain enabled. Also a harmless bug, but you will have to select Connect from the drop-down navigation menu to reestablish a data link before these buttons/UI-elements will do anything.
- Event settings reset to defaults if you close and then reopen the app. This will be fixed in the next build, along with the new types of configurable events you can add.